The Controller manages accounting records and is responsible for the production of financial reports including reports required by law for shareholders' review. The Controller is responsible for ensuring that they are issued on time, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and that they fairly and accurately reflect the company's current financial position.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following are examples of key responsibilities and are not an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties may change depending on business needs.
- Lead the month end closure process by way of managing the reconciliation and preparation of supporting audit ready workpapers pertaining to all General Ledger accounts.
- Lead cost accounting, inventory reconciliation and control.
- Reconciliation of related party transactions, including foreign distributor partners, and domestic equipment manufacturer.
- Financial statement preparation for all US entities.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements of all Company entities, domestic and foreign.
- Manage the year end close process, similar to that of the month end close, but also including the management of physical inventory counts.
- Interact and manage with external CPAs on year end audits, quarterly reports, tax provision calculations, and any other relevant projects on an as needed basis.
- Lead semi-annual audits with creditor’s external auditors for ABL facility.
- Report monthly trends on variances with respect to inventory and COGS.
- Monitor and enforce internal controls and Governance over various business processes as it relates to financial reporting and controls.
- Establish new policies and procedures around improving internal controls and Governance where necessary.
- Management of supporting functions and further development of staff reporting to Controller.
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA preferred) and at least 5 years of related experience.
- Must be intermediate to advanced user of MS Excel; solid leadership and supervisory expertise; effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills also a must.